Well, the Moleskine Evernote Smart Notebook announcement got me so excited that I decided to write my first Preview ever.
Moleskine Evernote Smart Notebook… what?!
I must admit, when the announcement came out some days ago I was surprised. On one hand we have Evernote: the company that regularly posts about paperless beliefs. On the other, Moleskine: the company that wants you capture “the unique nature of experience on paper“.
I could not believe that comapnies so different could join together to create a new product. But they did. The result is the Moleskine Evernote Smart Notebook series.
Yep, Moleskine Evernote Smart Notebook is actually a serie of four different notebooks:
- Evernote Large Squared Smart Notebook
- Evernote Large Ruled Smart Notebook
- Evernote Pocket Squared Smart Notebook
- Evernote Pocket Ruled Smart Notebook
Well, useless to say i’ll go for the large format ruled (because, yes, I know I’m going to get one of these!).
What’s so particular about this new edition of Moleskine?
- Dotted page pattern instead of the normal, constant, ruling.
- Using Moleskine Evernote Smart Notebook with Evernote’s Page Camera, will result in the program identifying the dotted pattern and correcting the skew of the photo. (Very cool, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with any other sheet… but I will have to investigate this.)
- Smart Stickers: In every Moleskine there will be a set of these stickers. When you will apply one of these on a page and then take a photo with Evernote Page Camera, the program will recognize it and automatically add a tag to the photo. Nice idea!
- 3 month Evernote premium subscription included.